Documents for Internet Mobile and Wifi Activation in Italy

subscribe to an Italian energy offersubscribe to an Italian energy offer

Looking for a Mobile Phone or Internet Plan in Italy? Foreign IBANs accepted

Our English-speaking Selectra advisors are here to help you find the right plan.

Documents for internet e mobile activations in Italy
Documents for internet e mobile activations in Italy

You do not know which papers are required to activate wifi or mobile internet connection?

Selectra, with this guide for foreigners, helps you identify all the documents you may need to activate them with no stress!

The first and most important document is the tax ID-number, aka Codice Fiscale.
The tax-ID number represents citizens’ fiscal identity and is needed for any relations regarding public authorities and other administrations. The code is composed of a combination of 16 alphanumeric characters. You need this code to stipulate any kind of contract and you can ask it via this form at Agenzia delle Entrate.

Second, you need your ID card or passport.

Third, you should have with your data regarding your residence and home: the certificate of residence that is given to you by the Municipality (Comune or City where you live). Wherever you came from a NON-EU country, you should apply for your residence permit (more information here).
It may take some time, so we suggest moving in advance.

Fourth, whenever you are stipulating a contract, you have to state your contact information, email address, personal phone number, and home address. Sometimes it is required to have an Italian phone number to activate offers.

Documents you may need for internet and mobile activations

Don’t you have an Italian phone number?

We will send the SIM card directly to your new home address. Call us today or get a free callback from our English-speaking Selectra advisors.

The bank account details, if you want to pay through direct debit (EU standard SEPA). Fastweb accepts foreign IBAN!

Aggiornato in data

Read also